Working for Community Action offers opportunities, an environment, benefits and a mission you won't find anywhere else. If you're motivated and want to be part of an organization that helps improve the community- then this is the opportunity for you.
The CREJ organizer provides community organizing and staff support for Color Outside the Lines, an initiative that addresses racial and ethnic disparities in the Lehigh Valley. This includes recruiting volunteers, facilitating meetings, engaging varied constituencies in discourse on equity, advocating with and on behalf of people of color, researching emerging needs, and assisting in the development of the Color Outside the Lines diversity plan and its implementation.
Racial and Ethnic Justice Organizer
Campaign for Racial and Ethnic Justice
Part Time Non Exempt (20 hours/week)
Starting salary range: $15.00 /hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Facilitates community-wide discussions and activities on race and ethnicity issues.
- Implements measurement tool for pre- and post- events to measure effectiveness.
- Responsible for increasing community awareness of racial and ethnic disparities.
- Participates in the development of the Color Outside the Lines diversity plan.
- Recruits people to assist with the initiative, participate in services, and serve as advocates on behalf of the implementation of the initiative.
- Collaborates and coordinates with community groups doing complementary work.
- Provides information, ideas and consultation for initiative development and long-range planning.
- Compiles and summarizes initiative data.
- Researches issues and solutions affecting the people of color targeted by the initiative.
- Provides staff support for initiative committees and director.
- Associate's degree in related field and/or 2-3 years of experience preferred
- Understand and embrace efforts that promote racial, social and economic equity and asset-based community change
- Experience in community organizing or engagement preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.