Working for Community Action offers opportunities, an environment, benefits and a mission you won't find anywhere else. If you're motivated and want to be part of an organization that helps improve the community- then this is the opportunity for you.
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the staff of Campaign for Racial and Ethnic Justice, manages the office and serves as the primary point of contact for referrals and the community.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
PROGRAM: Campaign for Racial and Ethnic Justice
SALARY RANGE: $13.00-15.00 per hour
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2 and 5 year anniversaries
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Performs routine secretarial tasks, including, but not limited to, typing, filing, making copies, answering the telephone, handling the mail, and bulk mailings, and ordering supplies.
- Enters data and maintains files.
- Generates reports and provides information for annual program evaluation and periodic record keeping.
- Answers and screens phone calls as the primary point of contact for the program.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, training and appointments for Director and other program staff.
- Registers participants for trainings and events and records attendance data.
- Communicates with participants, staff and others involved with the program.
- Prepares materials, conducts outreach, and has responsibility for the physical preparations for trainings and events.
- Maintains advisory board information, schedules meetings, attends and takes minutes at advisory board meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Strong data entry skills
- Detailed-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Personal vehicle or access to independent transportation
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance (for use of personal vehicle)
- Criminal record check required
- Child Abuse Clearance required
- FBI Criminal History background check required
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.